AIA: Solar PV Rooftop Applications & Solar Ready Design Consideration
S-5!’s Architectural & National Accounts Director, Shelly Higgins
Discover the basics of solar photovoltaic systems including the major parts for rooftop solar installations. Describe the basics of the rooftop installation mechanics and measures to minimize hazards and increase safety. Review critical parameters that should be considered when designing a roof to be solar-ready. Reveal the advantages of installing solar on metal roofs, including performance and economic benefits.
Credit: 1 LU/HSW CEU
- Describe a solar photovoltaic (PV) system.
- Understand how sunlight is converted into renewable energy.
- Learn the various components and rooftop applications of a solar PV system.
- Define solar-ready roof and how to pre-plan and pre-build a solar-ready roof to increase safety and efficiency.
- Explain why a metal roof is a perfect solar platform and understand why non-penetrating mounting systems are beneficial.
- Learn how solar on metal roofs prove to be the most economical and the most eco-friendly.